New IT Curriculum Initiative
In order to better prepare all Lindsay ISD students for success in a highly-competitive, technology-based world, the district is adopting more rigorous, updated IT curriculum standards for grades K to 12.
Proposed changes include:
- K-6 introduction and practice of many basic IT unit topics.
- Introducing a grade 6 no-look, touch-typing course requirement.
- Offering more required IT coursework for grade 7-12 students.
- Incorporating tech learning units in K-12 subject matter classrooms.
- Adding new, more contemporary IT topics as required learning.
Click here to view a Slideshow of some new IT Curriculum Units
K-12 Scope & Sequence
- Lindsay ISD grade-level chart [PDF] [Excel]
- Detailed, unit-by-unit breakdown (coming soon)
- Elementary & K-12 strategies
- 7-12 strategies
More details on the way…