Mr. Todd Armstrong
I joined Lindsay ISD in the Fall of 2017, and I look forward to the challenge of expanding and improving our educational and administrative technology.
Some clear district-wide improvements we're targeting for the 2017-18 school year include:
* Increasing Internet bandwidth, while decreasing monthly fees
* Installing additional WIFI access points for student device use
* Upgrading from Cat5 to Cat6 cabling for new installs
* Transfering everyone to Google school email
* Making wise use of Google Drive, for backups and sharing
* Improving/replacing the main LindsayISD.org web site
* Launching a few, helpful student-based web sites/domains
* Simplifying the network, while documenting everything
* Replacing virtual computing with personal computing
* Reducing LAN dependency while increasing cloud use
* Planning for future replacement of the elementary iMac lab
* Upgrading our video surveillance system and/or cameras
* Equipping the IT department with a useful set of tools
* Changing to an internally-housed web filter
* Adding a cart-full of Windows touch laptops (high school)
* Reimaging older technology to extend its usefulness
* Repurposing some existing technology for other uses
* Recycling clearly-outdated technology
* Piloting new, cost-effective device standards
* And much more!
Have a great day!