2017 – 2018 Lindsay ISD Board of Trustees
- Chris Hundt – President – *2018
- Jenny Corcoran – *2018
- Laurence Williams
- Brian Manhart
- Ben Hawkins – *2017
- Olivia Neu – *2019
- Zach Bowman
- * Denotes the year term of office expires
Meeting Schedules, Agendas & Minutes...
- Regular meetings of the Lindsay ISD Board of Trustees are open to the public and are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. the third Monday of the month in the library of Lindsay High School, 625 Knight Drive, Lindsay. When necessary, a regular meeting date may be changed or a special meeting may be called. In either case, a notice of the change is posted on the outside bulletin board of the Administration Office at least 72 hours in advance and on the school website: www.lindsayisd.org
- In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Board has the right to meet privately in a closed meeting to discuss matters related to personnel, student discipline, security, land acquisition or to consult with the district's attorney. However, no action may be taken in closed session. The Board is required by law to reconvene in open session to take action.
- Lindsay ISD Board meeting notices and minutes can be found at the following link:
Board Policy link…
Board Member Training...
- Click on the link below for an overview of training hours required of all school board members per Texas Education Code 11.159, Chapter 61, Subchapter A
- Required Continuing Education Hours for School Board Members
- Record of Lindsay ISD Board Members Training Hours [link_file_here]
- CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR LINDSAY ISD BOARD MEMBERS
- The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Online Learning Center has a number of training courses available. For more information, click on the link below.
- Board Members: contact the Superintendent's office for other training opportunities available or if you need help with the TASB online training login.
Frequently Asked Questions…
- Q: What is the role of the School Board?
- A: The Lindsay ISD Board of Trustees is a seven member elected panel that serves as the district's policy making body. Although the Board is comprised of individuals, it is a body corporate. Members can perform no valid act except as a body at meetings properly convened and conducted. Some of the duties specifically assigned to the school board are:
- Govern and oversee management
- Adopt a policy to establish a planning process
- Levy and collect taxes and issue bond
- Adopt and file a budget
- Have fiscal accounts audited
- Publish an annual performance report
- Acquire and authorize sale of property
- Adopt a policy providing for employment and duties of personnel
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent
- Board members elected serve a 3 year term. School Board elections take place each year in May.
- Q: Who can attend school board meetings?
- A: Citizens are welcomed and encouraged to attend all school board meetings. Public participation at a board meeting is limited to the public comment portion of the meeting and public hearing agenda items. "At all other times during the Board meeting, the audience shall not enter into discussion or debate on matters being considered by the Board, unless requested by the presiding officer." (Lindsay ISD Board Policy BED LOCAL)
- Citizens may request to speak before the Board in open forum by registering with the Superintendent's Secretary before the meeting begins. Those addressing the Board will be limited to five minutes. Any group of five or more persons must appoint one person to present the group's views to the Board. The Board is not permitted to discuss or act upon any issues that are not posted on the meeting's agenda.
Board Operating Procedures… [document]