“Technology isn’t the thing…
It’s the thing that gets you to the thing."
I joined Lindsay ISD last year and look forward to the challenge of expanding and improving our educational and administrative technology.
Some clear district-wide improvements we're targeting for the 2017-18 school year include:
* Increasing Internet bandwidth, while decreasing monthly fees [x]
* Installing additional WIFI access points for student device use [_]
* Upgrading from Cat5 to Cat6 cabling for new installs [x]
* Transfering everyone to Google school email [x]
* Making wise use of Google Drive, for backups and sharing
* Improving/replacing the main LindsayISD.org web site [_]
* Launching a few, helpful student-based web sites/domains [_]
* Simplifying the network, while documenting everything
* Replacing virtual computing with personal computing [_]
* Reducing LAN dependency while increasing cloud use
* Planning for future replacement of the elementary iMac lab [_]
* Upgrading our video surveillance system and/or cameras
* Equipping the IT department with a useful set of tools [x]
* Changing to an internally-housed web filter [x]
* Adding a cart-full of Windows touch laptops (high school) [x]
* Reimaging older technology to extend its usefulness [_]
* Repurposing some existing technology for other uses [_]
* Recycling clearly-outdated technology [x]
* Piloting new, cost-effective device standards [x]
* And much more!
Have a great day!